Colorado.com listed Durango as a “must-visit Colorado city”, which comes as no surprise to us, but in case you needed a reminder here are 7 reasons Durango should be at the top of your list.
- It is the Hollywood of the Rockies – This unique landscape has been used in 30 different films and movies.
- Culinary Creativity Abounds – There are 182 restaurants in Durango to experience with a wide variety of cuisines.
- It’s a Mecca for Professional Athletes – With multiple mountain bike trails, snowy slopes and miles of elevated terrain it’s no wonder Durango is a draw for professional athletes.
- Authors, Artists & Celebrity’s Find Inspiration Here – Durango’s dramatic landscape and historic hotels have been the stage for many western stories.
- There are Miles of Gold Medal Waters – The Animas River is a fisherman’s paradise along with surrounding lakes and streams that surround the area.
- Historic and Cultural Roots Run Deep – The southwest is a special place with 2,500 preserved archeological sites and four nearby national monuments, you will never run out of a new area to explore.
- It’s Home to the Historic Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway – Getting to see this area of the country is breathtaking, getting to see it by train is an amazing unique experience you will never forget.
To read the entire article of why Durango is such a great place to visit check out www.colorado.com/articles/7-reasons-durango-must-visit-colorado-city or give us a call, we’d be happy to share our reasons for why Durango is so special to us.