The National Association of Realtors recently released its 2019 Profile of Home Staging. It contains interesting statistics and generalities for home buyers and sellers, and represents results from over 2,000 REALTORS. We wanted to share a few of the results, as they are great reminders on the benefits of home staging.
- 40% of buyers’ agents noted that home stating had an effect on most buyers’ view of the home. 52% noted it has an effect on some buyers, but not always.
- 83% of buyer’s agents said staging a home made it easier for buyers to visualize a property as a future home.
- Here’s the order of importance for staged rooms in a house: living room (47 %), master bedroom (42%), kitchen (35%), dining room (24%).
- While the results varied on whether buyers’ agents believed a home’s dollar amount increased as a result of staging, 25% of the buyers’ agents said staging a home increased the dollar value between 1 and 5%, compared to similar homes on the market that were not staged. 29% of buyers’ agents believed home staging had no impact on the dollar value offered. Similarly, 22% of sellers’ agents reported an increase of 1 to 5 % of the dollar value offered by buyers in comparison of similar homes.
- 45% of sellers’ agents (the majority) do not stage homes, but did suggest the seller declutter or fix property faults. 28% of sellers’ agents stage all homes.
- The most common home improvement items agents made to sellers include: decluttering home (95%), entire home cleaning (89%), removing pets during showing (83%), and carpet cleaning (78%).
- The median dollar value spent on home staging was $400.
The above are only some of the statistics in the entire report. For further information and details, here is the link to download the entire profile: https://www.nar.realtor/research-and-statistics/research-reports/profile-of-home-staging. Home staging is an important piece of the sales process, even if you only focus on some of the major items. As always, we would be glad to answer any questions you may have, as well as discuss your particular staging situation. We will be holding an open house on Saturday from 2-4 at 18H Tenderfoot Court. We would love you to come say hello and see this beautiful property.