It’s the middle of summer, and if you’re like us you are amazed at how quickly time flies! Have you kept up to date on summer home maintenance? While the weather is nice, it’s an excellent time to take are of many aspects of your home. We’ve compiled some ideas for you to implement. Of course some of these ideas can be done at any time of the year, but the important thing is to do them at some point, and to regularly keep up on home maintenance projects.
- Check your roof. Now is the time to inspect your roof in detail, before winter storms come. If there are broken or missing shingles, it’s an easier time to make small repairs.
- Clean Gutters. We mention this every fall, but it’s never too early to keep those gutters clean. Wind and storms can bring loose debris into gutters, which can stop the flow of water off the roof. Regular maintenance on gutters can avoid large-scale damage.
- Check the Exterior. How is the outside of your house? Checking the paint and siding can protect your home from outside elements. A power wash can make your home look significantly cleaner, as well as show any areas that may need improvement.
- Check Your Windows. We typically remind you of this before fall turns to winter, but summer is an ideal time to be sure your windows are caulked well to save on energy and keep cold winter drafts out of your home. Bonus: it’s also a great time to clean your windows and enjoy the longer days and sunny summer weather.
- Clean Dryer Vent and Exhaust Duct: When was the last time you took a look at your dryer vent? Clogged exhaust ducts can start a house fire if not cleaned. This simple task can make a big impact.
Regular home maintenance is important, both for homeowners and renters. Small projects oftentimes spare us from large problems. Below are a couple helpful articles for summer maintenance. As always, we are available for any questions you may have.